Forensic Engineering Professionals
Let us help with your next project. Contact us today!
Talented & Professional Forensic Engineers
WJH Engineering is a team of talented professionals dedicated to providing clients with unparalleled service and value. We work diligently with clients in the field of forensic engineering including:
- Cause and Origin Determination
- Word vs. Flood Determination
- Fire Investigation
- Mold Investigation
- Construction Failures
- Well Failures
- Septic Failures
What is Forensic Engineering?
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) defines Forensic Engineering as “The application of engineering principles to the investigation of failures or other performance problems.” It’s part crime scene investigation and part engineering, making it an interesting and fulfilling field. As Engineers, we are trained to solve problems. When it comes to a Forensic Engineer’s “problem” it is not always how to design a wall…but rather trying to answer, “why did the wall fall?”
Our typical clients for our forensic services are insurance companies working to determine if a claim qualifies for coverage, an attorney defending a claim or making one. Our investigations include a large number of measurements, photographs, and documentation. This then results in creating a report that summarizes our findings provides a discussion on said findings and then our concluding opinions. Often times, we rely upon other professionals in the fields of Heating Ventilation or Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Chimneys. For example, we can be called in to testify during depositions, mediation hearings and in court to defend and/or explain our reports.
Some of our more notable forensic engineering assignments were:
- Determining the cause of an HVAC duct falling in an indoor pool during a swim meet. Thankfully, there were no injuries.
- Conducting many wind vs water disputes following Superstorm Sandy in NY, NJ, PA, and DE.
- Figuring out how an electrical fire started in a Community College.
- Detecting how many car fire investigations began.
- Determining why several in-ground pools “floated” out of the ground.
- And more!
257 Monmouth Rd Building A, Suite 7
Oakhurst, NJ 07755